Joel is a specialised property development lawyer with over 12 years’ experience in the property industry. Joel’s depth of legal and property experience allows him to provide a unique insight into transactions and the ability to think outside of the box to solve legal issues and get deals done.
He takes a special interest in structuring development site acquisitions to achieve the best outcome for all parties. This structure often includes drafting of joint venture agreements or development agreements with land owners that allow cost savings to the developer and a sale price exceeding usual market rates for the landowner. Another common structure Joel documents is an option agreement that allows the landowner to keep their home and only sell the surplus land around it.
Qualifications and experience
- Admitted Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Queensland Law Society member
- Member of the Queensland Law Society Property and Development Law Committee
- Drafting and negotiating option agreements for the acquisition of a 100 lot land subdivision in Joyner and a 19 lot land subdivision in Narrangba
- Drafting and negotiating a tripartite development agreement between a funds manager, an equity partner and a developer for a large scale land subdivision
- Providing strategic titling advice and preparing off the plan contract documents for a mixed use development comprising a hotel and more than 400 apartments
- Negotiating a development agreement for the development of 10,000 units with a projected end value of $6.3 billion